Roses, Barcelona and the Costa Brava
12 Days £899 per person
THURSDAY 5TH OCTOBER 2017
THURSDAY 5TH OCTOBER 2017
This hotel is perfectly located on the beachfront only 300 metres from the centre of Roses. It is decorated in a traditional Mediterranean style which extends to the bedrooms, all of which have airdryer television and air-conditioning. There is also an outdoor swimming pool and the maritime themed restaurant and lovely outdoor terrace are perfect for peoplewatching along the promenade.
THURSDAY This morning we travel to Hull to join the overnight ferry to Rotterdam. Buffet dinner and breakfast is included on board.
FRIDAY After breakfast on board we disembark and continue to our overnight hotel in Dijon.
SATURDAY Today we continue to our destination in Roses where we will be greeted with a welcoming drink and there will be time to settle in before dinner. During our stay the hotel Coral Platja will offer complimentary unlimited wine, beer, soft drinks and tea and coffee between 20.00 and 22.00 each evening.
SUNDAY Today is a day at leisure. Why not join our optional tour of the town by land train or take an easy walk in La Salud area to enjoy the beautiful lake and mountain scenery.
Whilst in resort we have included the following wonderful excursions:
• A full day to Blanes and the Jardin Botanic de Marimurtra where more than 5000 rare species of plants from around the world can be found. We will drive along the stunning coast road as it winds its way along the mountains edge. The views are glorious as we make our way to Sant Feliu de Guixols, one of the prettiest locations on the Coast Brava.
• A boat trip to the picturesque fisherman’s village of Cadaqués. This whitewashed village is a maze of pretty narrow streets that tumble down to the water. The stylish art galleries mingle effortlessly with the souvenir shops, cafés and seafood restaurants. The village and surrounding area have a magic feel which is probably what attracted Salvador Dali and his family to spend their family holidays here.
• A full day excursion to Barcelona where a local guide will show us the city. Barcelona is a unique combination of seaside resort, regional capital, shopping centre and cultural hub and is probably most famous for the architectural works of Gaudi, especially his magnificent, as yet unfinished cathedral.
• A free day in resort to relax or explore.
• A morning visit to Figures with its bustling market and museum dedicated to the town’s most famous son, Salvador Dali and Besalu, a wonderful unspoilt medieval stone village with a 12th century bridge.
SATURDAY Today we leave Roses and make our way to our overnight hotel in Dijon
SUNDAY After breakfast we make our way back to Rotterdam for the overnight ferry crossing to Hull.
MONDAY After breakfast we disembark and continue our journey back to Tyne Valley arriving mid afternoon.
2 night dinner, bed and breakfast at overnight hotel in Dijon.
7 nights dinner, bed and breakfast at Coral Platja Hotel
3 course buffet dinner with wine and water at Coral Platja Hotel
Unlimited wine beer and spirits between 20.00 – 22.00pm at Hotel Coral Platja
Porterage at Coral Platja Hotel
Return ferry crossings in outside low berths with meals (single cabins are inside)
Executive coach travel throughout.
Excursions as listed including Barcelona Guided tour and Cadaques Boat Trip
Door to door collection from selected areas
This tour is operated by two members of staff with frequent comfort breaks.
Travel Insurance £67.00 per person (Incl. IPT)
Single Room Supplement £175.00
Limited sea view rooms available at Coral Platja at a supplement